In this age of fast food and king-size portions, weight loss is a real struggle for many. They are desperate to know how to lose weight fast.
However, as we are aware, it is impossible to shed the fat and flab overnight no matter how much you try. There are numerous fad diets on the market that claim to help get a slim figure in the least possible time, but doctors and nutritionists caution against using them as they disturb body function.
The best way to approach weight loss is to take it one at a time. Instead of aiming for a drastic reduction in a matter of weeks, one should work towards a realistic goal – either 50 pounds in 6 months or 100 pounds in 6 months.
This article discusses how to drop 100 pounds in 26 weeks which means 4-5 pounds a month. So, pull out your pen and paper and start noting down what you should and should not do.
Control your Diet
The basic principle underlying any and every weight loss program is to eat fewer calories than you expends. There is a technique to achieve this without leaving your body deprived of proper nourishment.
1. Start by deciding how many calories you should eat for the day. It should be 300-400 calories less than your regular intake. Your calorie intake should not dip below 1200 calories.
2. Decide how you will obtain these calories – the food groups you should eat and avoid. You should include a large proportion of fruits and vegetables as they are rich in vitamins, nutrients, water and fiber. Vegetables can be eaten in their cooked and raw form; the latter being better.
3. You can consume lean sources of protein. Protein builds muscle mass and helps promote fat loss in the body.
4. Limit the intake of fatty foods such as fried snacks and cheesy burgers. You can eat healthy unsaturated fats such as avocados.
5. Limit carbohydrates and foods rich in salt as the retain fluid in the body.
6. Cut out sugary treats made of refined sugar.
7. Start the day with a healthy and heavy breakfast as it curbs hunger pangs throughout the day.
Exercise 30 minutes every day is a must if you want to achieve your target of 100lbs in 6 months. You should:
1. Perform cardiovascular exercises as it elevates the heart rate and speeds up fat burning.
2. You should alternate between low and high intensity exercises.
3. Do not exercise if you are hurt or injured as exercise tends to stress the muscles and may prolong healing.
4. Strength training twice a week will tone the body and build muscle mass.
When you’re dieting or exercising you can maintain a small journal. It keeps you organized and also enables you to track your progress. To add, you can reward yourself whenever you achieve a short-term goal.
Thus, to sum it up, whether you’re looking to drop 100 lbs in 6 months
, it is important that you not only drop weight but also work to keep it off. As precautionary measure, consult a doctor before you start a new diet or exercise routine.