There are lots of tips that can help you to lose weight. The best part is, you can pick and choose the ones from this list to add to your life. These tips can help you to shed the pounds and keep them off- as long as you follow them.
The 25 Tips:
1) Serve your plate from the stove- studies have shown that you’ll end up eating around 10 percent less if you serve your plate from the stove rather than putting the serving dishes on the table.
Also, pack up your snacks in single-serve bags- when you eat out of the large container, you end up eating 61 percent more.
2) Have dessert for breakfast- studies have shown that when you are dieting, if you’ll eat a larger breakfast with a sweet treat of some sort, you’ll end up losing 37 more pounds over eight months than those who are on a diet with the same amount of calories, with a low-carb breakfast.
3) Purchase an outfit in your healthiest size and hang it up on your closet door as a reminder of what you’re aiming for.
4) Fast forward through the commercials on your DVR- watching the ads for those high-calorie foods will stimulate the appetite control center of your brain, and therefore trigger your hunger mechanism.
5) If your family likes to eat treats, buy treats for them that you don’t like so that you won’t be tempted to eat them yourself.
6) When you feel yourself getting hungry, make a fist for at least 30 seconds- studies have shown that people can control their impulses better when they tighten a muscle for thirty seconds.
7) After you eat, eat a half of a slice of deli turkey to keep you from wanting more sweets.
8) Instead of setting a goal to “lose twenty pounds” set a goal to “lose one pound twenty times” and every time you lose one, give yourself credit.
9) Limit the variety of treats available to you so you eat less. With vegetables, do the opposite, so you’ll eat more of them.
10) Eat the same thing your family eats, but put yours on a smaller plate- such as a kid’s plate or a dessert plate.
11) Give yourself a bowl of vegetable soup before you eat lunch. You’ll end up eating twenty percent fewer calories at the meal.
12) Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean you can eat as much as you want. When you overdo it on a healthy food, it’s no longer healthy.
13) If you can’t give up on eating bread, put oil on it instead of butter. You’ll end up eating 23 percent less of the bread and since you’re using oil, you are consuming 16 percent fewer calories.
14) Fill your workout playlist with upbeat tunes, with 180 beats per minute. Your pace will naturally quicken.
15) When you start having a craving, picture yourself with the body you want. Eventually, your brain will think about that instead of the craving.
16) If you’ll do a moderate to vigorous workout in the morning, your motivation to eat will be greatly reduced. You need to spend about 45 minutes working out.
17) You should eat at least 80 percent vegetables and 20 percent or less of meats.
18) When you eat apples, don’t get rid of the skins- there’s a substance in the apple peel that facilitates an increase in muscle as well as the calorie-torching brown fat.
19) Put your chocolate stash out of reach- you’ll eat 60 percent less.
20) When cravings hit, find something else to do for about ten minutes- the cravings will pass.
21) Eat with your non-dominant hand, or chopsticks to slow down your eating- you’ll end up eating much less.
22) Eat balanced meals- fiber and protein help to keep your sugar levels balanced so you don’t give in to your cravings.
23) Take deep breaths- breathe through your nose, counting to four- hold, counting to seven- and then exhale, counting to eight.
24) Eat a salad with one to two tablespoons of vinegar before lunch or dinner and you’ll increase your fullness.
25) Write a blog about your weight loss
or have friends and family keep you accountable. When you’ve got people watching you, you’re less likely to give up.